Thursday, February 26, 2015

new mercies


This past week has seen my embarrassed/humbled/sheepish face a few times… I’ve realized that I get angry when I don’t understand things. And I don’t understand things because I approach them with my own human perspective instead of God’s. When my prayers aren’t answered fast enough or in the way I want them to be… When I read something I don’t like or understand in Numbers… When I research world news that is filled with death, destruction, and evil… I get angry. My anger at the circumstances then turns to being angry with God Himself. So I vent and let Him know exactly how I’m feeling.

And then He does something really great… Sometimes within seconds of my venting… I get an anonymous and very generous donation. Or someone approaches me about support instead of the other way around. Or I receive a message from strangers saying that they pray for me often. Whatever it is, it usually leaves me feeling embarrassed, humbled, and sheepish.

My only appropriate response can be one of gratitude and worship. So even when I don’t understand, I put my faith in Him. Even when I don’t understand, I obey. Even when I don’t understand, I say “thank you.” He is just, but He is merciful. And His mercies cover me everyday. 

"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning."—Lamentations 3:22-23  

No comments:

Post a Comment